In 2005, following Huricaine Katrina, our friends from 422 N. Washington moved to Arkansas from New Orleans to be near this land. Washington Avenue was going to be their in-town Fayetteville home. This was going to be the getaway, a place to enjoy nature and to cultivate a big organic garden. Over the following dozen years, a lot has changed. Lucky Star Farm is now their primary home. The Fayetteville home is in the loving hands of a new owner. This is the first chapter of Lucky Star Farm, The Cabarn.
- Cabin + Barn = Cabarn. Get it?
- The first floor was for the tractor and tools.
- The upper floor was for fine living.
- The cabarn is built of SIPs.
- Passive solar design - it really works!
- Passive convective cooling - it really works too!
- Views to the south of gardens and mountains.
- Views to the north of woods and creek.
- Zinc mines nearby with ghosts.
- Stay tuned for Chapter 2: "The Sheddio."
At the boundary...
woods and meadow, mountain and sky, earth and water.