A growing family loves their small house and neighborhood. By adding a second floor, we created a place for four children's bedrooms. This made room on the first floor to reimagine most of the space, add a garage and screened porch, and transform the experience of the home.
- The house fits the neighborhood.
- Screened porch is a living room.
- Kitchen is the heart of the home.
- The old house is still part of the new design.
- Second floor provided unexpected views.
- Bathrooms for everyone!
- Super-functional drop-zone mudroom.
- Enough space for small tipi in the living room.
- Sunlight through new kitchen windows inspires joy.
- Good design improves daily life for people.
A small tipi
looks great in the living room!