The house was originally built in 1902. During its life, it endured various additions and remodels. Around 2000, we had the opportunity to do a comprehensive renovation and addition to get all of the parts working together as they should.
- The third floor once accommodated a fraternity.
- 120 year old footprints of a tiny child are in the concrete of the basement.
- We designed a side entry door, only to discover that there had been a door in that location originally.
- This home has a dumbwaiter.
- Light oil finish on original pocket doors.
- Triple-hung windows in sunroom - fancy!
- Blue porch ceiling may discourage wasp nests.
- This house is ready for the next 120 years!
- Exterior paint palette recommended by historical color consultant.
- Build it right, and it will last for generations.
You can't make a new old thing.